So you’re heading to Disneyland Paris for a magical holiday? And you want to make sure you make the most of your time at the parks? Well, Disneyland Park is definitely the place to start.
With its iconic castle, exciting rides and attractions, and beloved Disney Characters, there’s so much to see and do here. Not sure where to start? This is everything you need to know about this Disney Park!
About Disneyland Park
Disneyland Park is the quintessential Disneyland experience. From Main Street, U.S.A to Sleeping Beauty’s Castle, no trip to Disneyland Paris would be complete without spending a few days exploring the Park’s attractions and characters.
It’s home to countless rides, shows and restaurants, including Pirates of the Caribbean, Hyper Space Mountain, and It’s a Small World. And don’t forget to meet some of your favourite Disney Characters! From Mickey Mouse and Winnie the Pooh to the Disney Princesses, you’ll find them all around the Park – just waiting for a hug or two.
The five themed lands
Disneyland Park has five unique themed lands:
Main Street U.S.A features a beautiful Main Street where visitors immerse themselves in a representation of Walt Disney’s childhood home town. Walk into Frontierland to be taken away by the rough Wild West—exploring fortresses, abandoned mines and even a haunted house!
Adventureland offers an exotic atmosphere full of mystery for guests to explore with exciting attractions like Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril or Pirates of the Caribbean. And the Adventure Isle makes this land an adventure seeker’s paradise!
Fantasyland is full of experiences for kids with Sleeping Beauty Castle and other enchanting attractions like Alice’s Curious Labyrinth and Peter Pan’s Flight. Here you also find the Princess Pavillion, where you can meet some of your favourite Disney royalty.
Rides in Disneyland Park you don’t want to miss
With over 30 rides to explore, choosing which ones you’ll want to queue up for can be hard. These are some of the most popular rides you definitely don’t want to miss!
- Phantom Manor is one of the most beautiful haunted houses you will ever visit. It’s a beautiful story about love, family, and dying fiancees. The ride is a little scary but still family-friendly, so make sure you don’t miss it.
- Big Thunder Mountain is a wild rollercoaster ride through an abandoned mine. It’s an exciting ride with plenty of surprises and twists, and the ride will give you some amazing views over the parks.
- Pirates of the Caribbean takes you on a water adventure through a pirate-infested town, complete with fights, ships and cannon blasts. And be on the lookout for everyone’s favourite captain; you never know when he might turn up.
- Peter Pan’s Flight is a classic Disney ride, and it’s definitely worth experiencing. Take a flight to Neverland with Peter Pan and the Lost Boys, and enjoy some magical views of London while you’re at it!
- It’s a Small World takes you on a boat ride around the world to explore cultures, music, and sights from all over, with some great singing along the way. It’s a gentle, fun ride that will make you smile and sing!
- Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast takes you on a mission to help Buzz Lightyear take down Emperor Zurg. You’ll be able to shoot lasers at targets and compete against your friends and family for the highest score.
- HyperSpace Mountain is the perfect rollercoaster if you’re looking for a thrill. You’ll launch into hyperspace and experience the G-force of space travel, all while admiring the sights of a galaxy far, far away.
- Star Tours is perfect for Star Wars fans, as this 4D adventure will take you to some of the most famous locations from the movies in a thrilling way.
And there are many more amazing rides in the park so make sure you take the time to explore.
Other things to see and do
Besides all the amazing rides you’ll find at Disneyland Park, there are plenty of other attractions to enjoy! Characters are around every corner, ready to meet you and make some lasting memories.
You can also catch magnificent shows throughout the park, with Lion King: The Rhythms of the Pride Lands being the one you don’t want to miss. Forget everything you know about theme park shows, as this is a truly unique experience with some breathtaking acrobatics and singing that could belong on a Broadway stage.
Another thing you don’t want to miss is the daily parade, usually at the end of the afternoon. The parade starts in Fantasyland and moves through Main Street U.S.A., to the station near the park’s entrance. During the parade, you’ll see your favourite Disney characters on colourful floats and even dancing on the streets. Ensure you arrive at least 30 minutes before the parade to get the best viewing spots.
And finally, every evening ends with a dazzling nighttime spectacular called Disney Illuminations. This is a 20-minute show with fireworks, many Disney songs, projections and other effects. During the 30th Anniversary of Disneyland Paris before Disney Illuminations, there is a 10-minute show with 200 drones called Disney D-Light. A true spectacular that will take your breath away.
Best places to eat in Disneyland Park
There are many good places to eat in Disneyland Park ranging from a quick snack to a full sit-down meal with Disney characters. If you are looking for a quick meal in an informal setting, visit Hyperion Cafe for a good hamburger, Bella Notte Pizzeria for pizza and pasta, Casey’s Corner for an American-style hotdog, and Cowboy Cookout Barbecue for some BBQ ribs.
Want a more peaceful meal? Then check out Walt’s Restaurant, which serves some of Walt Disney’s favourite dishes. Another great restaurant is Captain Jack’s in the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. A truly unique experience.
Would you like to eat with Disney royalty? Then Auberge de Cendrillon is the place to go! This restaurant serves pretty upscale food, which isn’t for everyone. But it’s a great way to meet the Disney princesses and princes with little to no wait.
Throughout the year, Disneyland Park is home to two magical celebrations: Christmas and Halloween.
Halloween starts at the end of September and brings Disney villains to Disneyland Park. This means special meet and greets, parades and shows. And don’t forget to dress up as your favourite character during the Halloween Party.
Mid-November, Christmas arrives with lots of parades, shows and festive lights throughout the park. On New Year’s Eve, you can stay late for a long night of magical fun, concluding with a beautiful firework display at midnight!
Shopping in Disneyland Park
Souvenirs are a great way to remember your trip to Disneyland Paris. And fortunately, there are a lot of great things to buy! In Disneyland Park, you will find most shops in Main Street U.S.A., selling everything from clothing to toys, collectables and even art.
Other shops can be found throughout the park, usually located at the exit of an attraction. They will sell attraction-specific merchandise combined with more generic souvenirs. You don’t need to visit all the shops if you want to save time, as most items are also sold in Disney Village at the World of Disney store.
How many days do you need in Disneyland park in Disneyland Paris?
When it comes to how many days you should dedicate to Disneyland Paris, it really depends on what your priorities are. If experiencing all the attractions and rides is top of your list, then at least two days are definitely recommended. However, if you intend to include some of the Disney character experiences or shows and a visit to Walt Disney Studios Park, then even more time may be needed.
It also depends on the time of the year, as during peak season, it will take a lot more time to experience everything due to the crowds. But usually, two to three days will be sufficient to see and do everything in Disneyland Paris.