Fall is one of my favourite seasons. The weather is perfect, the leaves are changing colour, and there’s a feeling in the air that says, “the holidays are coming.” Disneyland Paris is one of my favourite places to visit in the fall because the park is decked out in Halloween decorations, and there are special events and activities going on throughout the season. If you’re considering visiting Disneyland Paris this fall, here’s what you need to know.
What can you expect during the fall in Disneyland Paris?
During the autumn, Disneyland Paris is still lovely and warm, with temperatures averaging between 15-20 degrees Celsius. October is the perfect time to visit if you want to enjoy the Halloween festivities in the park. The decorations go up in mid-September and stay up until early November.
Fall is also a great time to visit Disneyland Paris because the crowds are lighter than during the warmer months. You’ll still want to make sure you book your tickets and accommodation in advance, but you won’t have to contend with the massive crowds that come with visiting during the summer months.
Visiting Disneyland Paris during the fall break is also perfect if you like to enjoy the Christmas season without the winter weather. The resort starts getting into the holiday spirit in early November, with decorations going up and special events happening until early January.
How is the weather?
When I visited Disneyland Paris in October, the weather was perfect! Not too hot and not too cold. The temperatures averaged around 18 degrees Celsius, which is perfect for walking around the parks all day. It did cool off a bit in the evening so make sure to bring a jacket or a sweater if you want to enjoy fireworks.
The weather in Disneyland Paris during fall break is usually really good. We didn’t have any rain when we visited but it’s always good to bring an umbrella, just in case. When you plan on visiting in November or early December it can be quite chilly. Make sure to bring a warm jacket and warm shoes. There is nothing worse than waiting in line with cold feet.
What should you pack?
- Light jacket for October, warmer jacket for November and December
- Two pairs of shoes, for if one of them gets wet
- An umbrella or rain poncho
- For November and December bring a scarf, a beanie and gloves
A final note, always check the weather before leaving and pack accordingly, you never know what you can expect.
Thing you can do during Fall season in Disneyland Paris
There are a lot of things to do during Fall in Disneyland Paris. The park is decked out in beautiful Halloween decorations, and there are special events and activities going on throughout the season. Here are some of the highlights:
- Enjoy the Fall decorations in the park. The park is beautifully decorated for Fall, with pumpkins, scarecrows, and other autumnal accents. Be sure to check out Main Street USA, and Frontierland for the best Fall décor.
- Ride all of your favourite rides. There’s no better time to ride your favourite Disneyland Paris rides than during Fall break. The queues are usually shorter than during the summer months, so you can get more rides in!
- Experience the unique entertainment only available during Christmas and Halloween. Make sure you don’t miss Disney Dreams! of Christmas, the show that will get you in the holiday spirit! I
- Get your Christmas shopping done early. If you’re looking to get a jump on your Christmas shopping, Disneyland Paris is the place to be! The resort starts getting into the holiday spirit in early November, with decorations going up and special events happening until early January. You can find unique Christmas gifts for everyone on your list at Disneyland Paris!
One of the reasons why we love visiting Disneyland Paris during the fall are the lower crowds. Especially on weekdays. This doesn’t mean that there aren’t any people in the park. Fall is still a popular time to visit Disneyland Paris, especially during the fall break and on weekends. Public holidays can be crowded to.
Finally, the restaurants in Disneyland Paris fill up quickly, even in low season. So make your table bookings well in advance. If you book a Disneyland Paris package you can make reservations 12 months in advance, and believe me, you really want to do this!
Why Fall is a great time to visit Disneyland Paris
Fall is my favourite time to visit Disneyland Paris. The weather is usually really good, and there are so many things to do in the parks. I love experiencing the unique entertainment only available during Halloween and Christmas. Plus, the crowds are a lot smaller than during the summer months, which makes for a more enjoyable experience!